View Single Post
Old 07-22-18, 12:01 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,827 Times in 825 Posts
Impromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What does narcissist and psychopath mean?

Personality Disorders are a conundrum, to say the least.

Sociopathy and Narcissism as PD's typically inprint durring childhood development, but im not sure that there is a full understanding of "how".. except to say that there are certain peoples who are more vulnerable (such as meth babies who are locked in closets all day, and sociopathy). Whereas Narcissism is much more of ... not so much "the world OWES me", but "the world is my property, and it should call itself blessed to have me."

The expression can be violent depending on varrying ego based ideologies/frustration triggers.. but its different than Sociopathy, which often expresses itself from origins of abuse and isolation - a complete lack of bonding to adult/parental/mentor figures which causes a Sociopath to simply, not understand how to care about other people, or see the value in trying, or that there is a need at all. The moral concept of "right and wrong" is lost. I think back to Erik Eriksons Psycho/Social stages of Development model.

Neither Narcissism nor Sociopathy are necissarilly violent and dark, but as with every other Personality DO, they are very challenging to find any means of rehabilitation with. Many of these types dont even acknowledge that there is a fault, so finding methods of treatment is like trying to convince a cow that it can lay eggs. But of those that do, its typically a lifelong "check in"/managed type scenario.

However left uncheck, because of the emotional schism with Sociopathy, discerning right from wrong is a slippery slope. Aswell with Narcissism and boundaries. I mean.. neither really truely understand that they are doing anything .. "wrong". Its not a concept to them. I should say that often, unless bested logically in controlled environments, they wont even agree thay they have done anything wrong.

Also these express in varying depths, theres tons of Narcissists out there. Theres also a ton of Sociopaths. But that doesnt mean that they're dangerous. One of the successful methods ive heard of in reaching these individuals is through Logic based approaches.

As always, i submit myself to the public flaying of correction - willingly and openly.

iDTour

Last edited by Impromptu_DTour; 07-22-18 at 12:15 AM..