View Single Post
Old 06-30-18, 07:37 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,414 Times in 2,351 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What does narcissist and psychopath mean?

Having worked closely with a psychopath and been raised by a narcissist..

A psychopath does not have empathy. The one I worked with knew this. She teamed up with me because I am the opppsite so it made her look better. She wanted the next promotion but leaders had to have people skills so she teamed up with me (the assistant) to reflect well on her.

What she did to me was disempower me so much that even after 4 years I still have not recovered. I feel like she stole a piece of me. The piece that has the joy and happiness and I don't know how to get it back.

A narcissist is like a parasite. They are insatiable and MUST have the attention and adoration of others at all costs. They have a certain way about them but it's easy to pick if you can see the signs in yourself. You have to become an observer of yourself.

If I feel like I'm looking in a mirror. If I find myself thinking I just click with someone. If I find myself thinking the words best friend. Then I know I'm in deep **** and gotta get away.

I try not to allow the above to happen by keeping people at arms length til I cam work them out.

I look for the inconsistencies in their stories. I look at myself for how I react. If I'm going around im circles trying to work out their motivation etc.

Narcissists all sing from the same song book so whilst I can't tell you all you need to know in one post there is so much info out there. The best defence against people like this is to educate yourself.
mildadhd (06-30-18), stef (07-01-18)