View Single Post
Old 06-07-19, 12:04 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,348 Times in 7,820 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Needed to replace my inner and outer tie rod ends on my car. I ordered the parts I wanted on EBay and trusted their site to confirm it was a proper fit. The maker even guaranteed a proper fit. When you change tie rods you need to immediately go get an alignment because the steering will be off.

I got off work early today, my buddy met me at noon to help me change them. I had an appointment for an alignment at 3:30 pm. Shouldn’t have been any problem, I thought. The boxes the parts came in even had my year, make and model listed in print.

We get the first tie rod off and quickly realize the the new ones are 4 mm. too large to screw in. I looked at my paper work and noticed the distributor who sent them was coincidentally, only 10 miles away! I called them with my car still jacked up and tie rod off hoping we could just run down and swap them out and get it done. Unfortunately, the part must be ordered because no one has it in stock. Not even the dealer.

I called their “help” line they ask you to call first before leaving anything less than positive feedback. I explained the predicament and their mistake and they absolutely refused. They said, I had to return it through EBay, find the oem part number I needed and cross reference it on their site. Like, I’m going to fix their mistake at my expense, do their job and re-order?? Ebay wanted $8.00 for me to ship it back! They did, until I reported the vendor for false advertising! Going to put a big dent in their positive ratings too!

Canceled the alignment, put back on the old tie rod and now my traction control light is on because it is too far out of alignment. Arrrrrrrrrgggggggg!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (06-07-19), Little Missy (06-07-19), Lunacie (06-07-19), namazu (06-07-19), stef (06-07-19), tudorose (06-07-19)