View Single Post
Old 04-18-15, 08:19 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,204 Times in 9,399 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any M:TG players? Come share your decks!

@TygerSan

That article is really interesting to me. Back in 1994-1995 I was on WotC's Magic mailing list, and there was a lot of discussion about how the Legends expansion had an extremely limited run, and how the next expansion - I think Ice Age - should have a larger run so people would have a better chance to get the rare cards. Ice Age did get a larger run, to the point that I think some people thought it was too large, but I think it kept a lot of people involved over a longer period of time because the bar to get good cards wasn't so high. The supply was greater thus meaning more chances to get the good rare cards plus the demand was still much the same, meaning lower prices for selling the rare cards.

Like, I think I was at least witness to the public side of the discussions described in the article. Cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
TygerSan (04-19-15)