View Single Post
Old 03-21-19, 05:21 PM
Contributor

Daniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Things to say and not to say to kids

Well, yeah, I'm all for telling kids to try things and do them well. But there's a lot of success literature out there that you gotta warn people about - "10 steps to being a millionaire", "get all the girls", etc. And the fact is, there's a lot of luck involved in that kind of big-hit success. So you'll find love and get married, it just might not be to the prom queen, you dig? There definitely is success you can replicate, to kinda quote a friend of mine, such as saving $10K a year if you can and investing it, in 20 years you'll have your million. But there's only so many Taylor Swifts or Bryce Harpers, one of each in fact, and I just think you gotta be honest with your kids about that.

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.

Last edited by Daniel1970; 03-21-19 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: typo