View Single Post
Old 03-21-19, 11:44 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 28,045 Times in 13,505 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things to say and not to say to kids

I think it's a fine line, because in the 70's/80's it was a lot easier to pursue a dream career (which nevertheless requires much work and perhaps a bit of luck). You could get through college without massive debt.

my son was a pretty average soccer player, he enjoyed playing with friends but not so much on the team and the he decided to try a different sport the following year. but if he had wanted to be the next Zidane at age 8, I would've totally encouraged him. really, some of these players have come out of nowhere and you see in the interviews, they had watched that 1998 world cup and being there this summer was their dream come true.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-21-19), tudorose (03-21-19)