View Single Post
Old 11-13-17, 02:03 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,983 Times in 6,694 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Complicated Situation

bothandneither, I'll take you at your word.

Years ago, I was a self-medicator. Amphetamine wasn't my drug of choice, but I tried both (pharmaceutical) Dexedrine and Desoxyn, and ironically, did not like them. That was years before my ADHD diagnosis.

I will just say this...be open and honest with your doctor about your choices, and what motivated them, and your experiences.

Don't go in asking for any medication, least of all Desoxyn.

The goal is your well-being. Medication may be part of that, and indeed, likely will be. At this point, however, allow a clinician the opportunity to evaluate your situation with as much information as possible, and make decisions based on that.

And if that doesn't work right out of the gate, that's okay. You'll give feedback and things will be adjusted. It is beneficial to develop a long-term relationship with a clinician.

I did and I've never been on such a good course of treatment in my life, despite my decade-plus of drug use and abuse.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
CharlesH (11-13-17)
Sponsored Links