View Single Post
Old 05-27-17, 06:24 PM
Jr Member

ItsaRose is on a distinguished road
Re: Donít let disability excuse worker misconduct( Article)

I wrote a post response, but think it was inadvertently lost before I could submit it for review and posting. If it did go through and I am unable to tell, due to the requirements of moderation, please feel free to delete this post.

I realize this is a very old thread, but I wanted to add to what I consider an important (and 'timeless' as one poster described) topic/issue. In the last several years I have noticed employment applications have a question on whether the applicant has a disability, and if accommodations are required for claimed disability. There is an accompanying list of medical and psychiatric conditions to choose from and a field to enter a condition not on the list. I am uncertain if applicants are required to answer the question, yet whether answered or not could create a difficult dilemma.

Of course I, like I imagine the majority of people, prefer honesty, however IF one is honest with a person(s) or institution (company) who is not operating from a point of honesty, this requirement of disclosing a disability could very well be disastrous. At the very least it could possibly open those who are already vulnerable to exploits to further vulnerabilities.
The Following User Says Thank You to ItsaRose For This Useful Post:
Lizzie80 (11-13-19)