View Single Post
Old 04-11-16, 07:23 PM
Contributor

Bouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to all
Re: Donít let disability excuse worker misconduct( Article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I could say a few things here. I'll say one thing cause I've learnt it the hard way.

Never tell unless you absolutely have to a perspective employer of your condition. Also in relation to work, don't give them a reason to sack you for what this woman did. ADD just can't be an excuse.
I had an employer mock me after I disclosed my ADHD!!! I screwed something up due to inattentiveness (it was a missed detail in an invoice) and he said (mockingly), "I couldn't help it, it was my ADHD!" I wasn't on medication at the time. I ended up leaving the job, because the employer was encouraging me to flake on school in order to put in more hours at my job. In my classic style (at the time), I left a letter of resignation on the front customer counter and never returned!!!

Oh GAWD, I've come a long way since then!! Therapy, self-help, recovery, you name it!!

Back then, I couldn't stand most jobs. It was a combination of bad attitude and ADHD-symptoms. Curiously, the jobs I did succeed at were the ones where my bosses had a bit of a "disorganized" streak as well I got along very well with these types of "energetic" people; as you may know, "politics" goes a long way in keeping your job!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bouncingoffwall For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (11-15-16), ItsaRose (05-27-17)