View Single Post
Old 07-24-08, 11:58 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,446 Times in 5,444 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "I want to start but I can't!" has meds helped for anyone who has this problem?

Nope. Adderall helped me with a lot of things, but getting started wasn't something that it really helped me with.

I heard something intriguing from an expert in the field who said that a lot of times that inability to get started is actually related to anxiety rather than primarily ADHD. I think in certain instances, that's true, and in others it's not. In my case, it certainly resonated (and may have explained why the stimulants, which can increase anxiety, made my procrastination worse).

Makes me wonder if an anti-anxiety med would help more . . but they screw up memory, so there is always a tradeoff.