View Single Post
Old 11-19-19, 10:15 PM
Contributor

20thcenturyfox is a name known to all20thcenturyfox is a name known to all20thcenturyfox is a name known to all20thcenturyfox is a name known to all20thcenturyfox is a name known to all20thcenturyfox is a name known to all20thcenturyfox is a name known to all
Re: I'm Sure There Must Be Hormones Involved (Might Not Be the Ones You Think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thcenturyfox View Post

So I wonder what is the neurochemistry of food cravings, anyway?
Unfortunately I think most of this "listen to your body" advice has no scientific credibility, but here is an amusing chart of what your body is supposedly trying to tell you by whispering "chocolate" and "donuts" to your vagus nerve and trying to get it to agitate your brain to send out for room service. Honestly I think your gut bacteria probably have more to do with unhealthy cravings. Still, the fish craving is curious, isn't it?

In my case I have clear laboratory evidence that any craving for salt in pickled herring is NOT due to a genuine need for Chloride, as I am borderline hyperchloremic, which I am trying to bring down with small daily bites of sodium or potassium bicarbonate (luckily I don't have to worry about either Na or K, and bicarbonate should release and replace the excess chloride I seem to be hanging onto...next labs will tell if I am right about this)
The Following User Says Thank You to 20thcenturyfox For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-20-19)