View Single Post
Old 07-20-10, 03:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,612 Times in 790 Posts
Nifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud of
Re: Measurement Conversion Chart for United States - Canada/Australia/U.K.

Couple of things to bear in mind: a UK pint and a US pint are different 568mL in the UK, 480 in the US. In fact, it seems like all imperial measures are different in the UK--fluid ounces and gallons, too, according to my English husband who's reading over my shoulder.

Also, dry ingredients are measured by weight, not volume, in the UK, and (obviously) equal volumes of different items does not mean equal weight. That's the biggest hassle in converting recipes. I have a big spreadsheet of ingredients that MIT weighed and measured. I'll see if I can post it.

After nearly 10 years in the former USSR, the UK seems like a foreign country. I don't know who I'm meant to be or what I'm meant to do. So, at least some things haven't changed...
Ninja posts!