View Single Post
Old 06-14-19, 04:20 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Concerta;every day or some days for not to develop tolerance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI-ADHD 29 View Post
According to that reddit page: (https://www.reddit.com/r/ADHD/commen...rug_vacations/) Russell Barkley has mentioned that the practice of taking drug vacations is obselete.
I'm uncertain. Why most of stimunlant users take a break (drug holiday) ? Is drug holiday required to prevent dependence or to prevent tolerance ?
Dependence is a given. No matter what medication you take you will become dependent on it and there is nothing wrong with that. Tolerance is also a real thing. I think its something that can develop over time or in some cases abruptly happen. IMO though taking med vacations does nothing to affect tolerance and whether you will experience it or not. For years I had no issues with tolerance and would even be a pain in the a** to people preaching how rare it was. Then it happened to me. It was slight and easily adjusted but taking med breaks did zero for it one way or another. I say that because inevitably I manage to not pick up my script exactly on time, or the pharmacy has to order the medicine so I end up going a day or two (sometimes longer) with no medicine. I also wonder if tolerance is dependent on what type of med you take. You tend to hear of it less with methylphenidate drugs than you do with amphetamines.

I carried a watermelon?