Thread: Resentment
View Single Post
Old 12-04-18, 11:52 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,768 Times in 14,149 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Resentment

I'm not sure you can deal with the resentment unless you stop feeling you've got a raw deal. I know it sounds like I'm basically just paraphrasing but what I mean is that both you and he need to find ways in which he can pitch in so that you don't have to feel resentful. Right now it sounds like you do everytjing.

What does he do?

Is there anything he does well? If yes, could he do more of that, do it more frequently or could thst method be applied to other chores?

Could you ask him to pick a task, any task that he feels might suit him to take the load of you?

If you think it will just end in argument or that he will get defensive maybe you could phrase it as that you cannot cope with your work load rather than him needing to pull his weight.

I know this isn't what you asked but I'm honestly not sure you could stop resenting him unless you get rid of the reasons for that resentment.

It's unlikely to ever he a fair split but maybe start with something and then see how it goes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
namazu (12-05-18)