Thread: She left
View Single Post
Old 04-27-18, 10:54 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: She left

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
So there we are. My daughter is doing whatever she wants cause there are no rules where she is staying and we have to grieve her loss and wonder each day "is today the day she shows up?" "Is today the day we see her in public"Her Dad begged her to graduate-everything else aside.

What a way to recuperate. This is one handed typing so forgive any errors.

-sweets
You're being too hard on yourself. Give yourself some credit!

Your daughter has the right to do whatever she wants, but someday her actions are going to catch up to her. She has no money, no job, etc, and eventually her goodwill with her friends will be drained and she'll likely have to return home.

When that happens, I'd suggest offering her a face saving way for her to accept your help, while still making clear what the rules/boundaries are going forward. As far as I can tell from your posts, your expectations and boundaries for her are reasonable. Ultimately, only your daughter can make the decision to seek help/reconciliation with you. All you can do is to be the stable, responsible parent who is there for her once she is mature enough to seek help.
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesH For This Useful Post:
sarahsweets (05-06-18)