View Single Post
Old 02-20-18, 01:04 AM
Contributor

Lloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Constantly failing college classes for over 10 years and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sour_princess View Post
john, I need a master's degree and licensure to work as an art therapist.

dvd, you're absolutely right about having the same job history that I have now even after I've graduated. I'm determined to earn this degree because I really, really, really want to work as an art therapist, nothing else interests me, and getting a bachelor's degree will get me closer towards my goal. I fully understand that earning a bachelor's degree isn't the magic key to winning life, but it's the only way to get closer to my goals. Not to mention, I really want to "beat" whatever it is that's been holding me back my whole life--I'm a bit competitive, even with myself.
Seems you need to learn the basics in time management and get organized, may I suggest the pdf 'Getting things done fast' by David Allen, search youtube for some of David's TedTalks, you can thank me later.

Oh and if you can remember one thing from this post, I highly advise you to buy a pocket sized notepad and a pack of pilot pens, every day make a list of things you need to do, even if you don't finish those goals then that's ok, it's the ritual of putting your goals and 'to do's' front and center, plus you'll notice this activity will free up some of that 'psychic energy' over time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lloyd_ For This Useful Post:
AdultADHD (07-01-18), ToneTone (02-24-18)