Thread: Taking Pemoline
View Single Post
Old 01-23-12, 10:57 PM
Contributor

SfumatoPants is a glorious beacon of lightSfumatoPants is a glorious beacon of lightSfumatoPants is a glorious beacon of lightSfumatoPants is a glorious beacon of lightSfumatoPants is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Taking Pemoline

I now have an acquaintance here in Japan who is currently taking Betanamin for ADHD, and their opinion of the drug is somewhat less than glowing. They describe the effects as "non-existent", to periods of "caffeine-like" hyper activity.
Perhaps the fond memories of this drug by some on this board are just that, memories made better than the reality by the fog of time?
In any case, after talking to them about their experience I'm much more satisfied with my decision to stick with the Concerta. I had been thinking for quite a while that "maybe I would be better off if...", but no longer.
As Possum said, Pemoline may be consigned to the scrapheap of time, but there are many new medications available, based on the latest science. Living in Japan it's unlikely that I will see any of these, any time soon. I can't even look forward to the possibility of finding something that could work better for me. I'm on a one trick pony here, and if that pony dies...