Thread: Taking Pemoline
View Single Post
Old 12-07-11, 09:12 PM
Contributor

SfumatoPants is a glorious beacon of lightSfumatoPants is a glorious beacon of lightSfumatoPants is a glorious beacon of lightSfumatoPants is a glorious beacon of lightSfumatoPants is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Taking Pemoline

It has been a while since I last responded to this thread, and given the interest that some seem to have regarding pemoline, I thought I should post an update.

I have now been in Japan for about 10 months and I have successfully been receiving treatment for the last 8.
I'm sorry to disappoint those who want to know, but I am not currently being prescribed Pemoline. I am taking Concerta.
Pemoline is prescribed in Japan, but given the requirement of having to undergo a monthly blood test, combined with the restriction that all psychiatric medication (Only psychs can prescribe for ADD, anxiety, depression, bipolar, etc... in Japan) prescriptions are only 1 month in duration, it is often though to be more trouble than it's worth - taking pemoline would involve 2 required medical appointments per month, one with your prescribing psych and one with a medical doctor for the blood test.
For this reason Concerta is prescribed first.
I couldn't honestly tell the psych that I was having any problems with the Concerta, so on it, I have stayed.
To those of you outside of Japan wanting to take Pemoline, please lobby your respective health authority. You cannot obtain Pemoline from Japan unless you live here and are registered on the nation's national health plan.
The Following User Says Thank You to SfumatoPants For This Useful Post:
Possum (01-22-12)