View Single Post
Old 08-17-08, 12:06 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

amiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud of
Re: ADHD Grief - anyone else?

FREEINDEED!

I also went through a period of grief when I was diagnosed, and I still go through cycles of it. There's a painful, "what I could have been" feeling that comes and goes with me. I'm 35 and I feel like I could have done "more."

I am also a special ed. teacher and the thought of doing that and raising 4 kids and being married -- you are awesome! Give yourself credit because you're doing things that people without ADD would be run over by. I have one child and sometimes I feel like tearing my hair out just trying to keep up with her. And the demands of teaching special ed. can simply not be imagined by someone who's not doing it.

It will get better but it's important to acknowledge your sadness over what you feel you have lost.