View Single Post
Old 07-03-18, 08:21 AM

Thanked 4,184 Times in 2,013 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Organizational Thing to Try? Bullet Journals

It’s funny, I was actually thinking about you Sarah, cuz I remember you a looong time ago posted about to-do lists being overwhelming, and something like that, but you seemed to want something to try. So that’s why I thought maybe I should post about bullet journals.

Maybe you’re more of a tech person though, but, I find some of that stuff overwhelming ccuz i have to conform to whatever system the tech app uses, which could be missing some crucial element that i need for my ADHD brain. Also I find it very easy to get distracted on phone or computer, instead of get started on work, I’m checking Facebook again....
Maybe I’m also a little OCD too cuz [it runs in my family and]
I can spend hours looking for just the right planner and still not really find exactly what i want. So I think having something that I can organize exactly the way I need to organize, may take longer, but it is kinda cool.

(Sorry ‘bout the link nams. I had a feeling that one wasn’t ok but couldn’t remember :-/)

I think it can kind of be whatever you want it to be, it’s a journal. To me, its just that it’s nice to be able to have things all in one place, that will fit in my purse. For some people that’s their phone, but as I said, tech doesn’t always work for me. So it’s not like, to-do list on scrap of paper over there, important thought to remember for work over here, notes on meds in there....it’s like, can have place to write all that in journal, and then also not lose those things cuz of a table of contents! Page 1 - to-do list, page 2 - impertant work thought, page 3 - med tracking...

and the pages aren’t completely blank, they have little bullets all in rows and lines, like an unintrusive graph paper, but it makes it easy to make each page into what you need it to look like, but neatly.

If you have a to- do list going that’s overwhelming, flip to a new page and reorganize! Lol Or like make different pages different categories, like one page is home to-do, another page is shopping to-do...or a page for long term to-do, another page for this week to-do - it all gets recorded in table of contents.

And you can make it colorful and put designs around it if you want cuz all the dots are fun to play with that way...

Anyways I think the guy who invented bullet journals did have his own specific organizational system, I haven’t looked at that, I just saw the one this lady had at the little organization tools sharing session, and like, I work 2 very busy part-time jobs and there’s a lot To keep track of across different settings so I thought ooo that looks like it could be useful

I got a moleskine one that doesn’t have the pages at the beginning for a table of contents, but since there are little dots kind of like a funky graph paper, I can easily make a pretty neat one myself. So I saved the first couple of pages for that.

Anywho, maybe is a silly thing, but thought I’d share in case it’s actually not :P