View Single Post
Old 09-24-18, 01:11 PM
Contributor

Daniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Addicted to browsing on my mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
It is a problem for me and it does interfere with my functioning. There are so many other things I should be doing and so many other things I want to do. I love addf but there are definitely other activities that would make me happier (or healthier) than reading the news for hours. If nothing else it reduces my sleep by probably two hours and I don't sleep enough anyway.

I've been on holiday without WiFi and though I missed it I didn't go crazy but the problem is that when my phone is around I browse. Like now...when I should be doing laundry and a million other thinga and I only have about an hour before fuzzling wakes up again.
Well, geez, stuff like laundry is boring as hell and not stimulating, just because it needs to get done. Of course you end up picking up the phone and browsing.

What about using your phone to play podcasts of things that REALLY interest you or would better you, not the news, or play YouTube videos of interesting stuff that you could listen to while you do boring stuff like laundry or driving to errands? Again, you have to replace the news with something else, not just grit your teeth and say "no, no, no, I won't look at the news, I won't!" That approach doesn't work.

D.

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.