View Single Post
Old 02-20-08, 11:25 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

theta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to all
Re: "Thank You" Feature installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
But if those thanks were deserved, it would be unfair to remove them. There are a lot of very wise people here and the info they share is worth thanking them for.
That was my last post before I fell a sleep I revert to my trouble maker mode then(dont worry its common with ADHDers when their meds wear off).

Yeah your right it will not hurt really how people use the thank you button and I like the idea of the button though I would make it a more complex pop up menu with more choices like: funny, insightful, etc(rip off slashdot). That way the forum could begin to design a serious algorithm to characterise posts so they could build a highly scalable general interest forum that was not highly moderator dependent make a $1 Billion selling it all to Google in 3 years.

I've had problems with this forum but its far superior to some bigger ($$$) boards out there. Personally I think a few people inherently cant be trusted to administer a forum and mob rule as in Digg is very bad to. And look where there is no moderation like Usenet its total garbage now. Needs to be a mechanism to filter noise but respect minority controversial opinions. Rambling........Theta.......Ctrl-Alt-Delete
The Following User Says Thank You to theta For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (02-29-08)