View Single Post
Old 06-14-19, 10:31 PM
Contributor

qanda is a glorious beacon of lightqanda is a glorious beacon of lightqanda is a glorious beacon of lightqanda is a glorious beacon of lightqanda is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Concerta;every day or some days for not to develop tolerance?

According to my daughters child psychiatrist, she said some docs do not believe holidays should be taken with Adderal, but others do and she does. She said the reason she believes so is in her experience her patients typically need higher and higher doses over the years. To slow this tolerance down, she finds taking days off has this benefit.

I certainly believe those on this site who have reported taking the same dose, with no decrease in benefits, for years.

But I have also ready plenty of reports on this site where the effectiveness has decreased and higher and higher doses are needed, sometimes reaching such a high dose that a switch in meds is needed as they can't go any higher.

So it seems people react differently & I see no good way to tell how you will react. So if it were me, I would take days off if it didn't negatively impact me too much. But if I needed it every day, then I would take it every day, and deal with tolerance when/if it comes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qanda For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-15-19), namazu (06-15-19)