View Single Post
Old 02-16-17, 09:02 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all
Re: Starting to organize a big mess when it can't be completed in one session

Try a clear plastic tub with a lid, and mark on some clear packing tape what is is inside. Get matching, stackable tubs. but only for stuff you are keeping. Once you get that all done you will probably have some good ideas of your own to figure out storage for the tubs.

I like the old Rubbermaid tubs, but have found that anything that goes in one gets lost. Out of sight, out of mind....I've moved a couple of times since 2004 and I'm still unpacking tubs and it's like Christmas morning.
The clear tubs at least will give you a chance at remembering what the contents are exactly. You can write on the tub itself, but it makes reuse a little more complicated...Or use a big index card and write down everything you put in your tub. Tape the card to the tub so you can see it.

And if you have different size empty tubs either store them with their lids on or somehow ID the lid to its tub...Tub A Lid A, and so on.

Cardboard boxes have their place too. They make great sorting bins, and for stuff that you are getting rid of it hides it so you're not tempted to keep it.

Last edited by DJ Bill; 02-16-17 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: Ummm....I don't remember now.