View Single Post
Old 07-09-18, 05:30 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Newbie hereó ADHD/anger mgmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldilox73 View Post
I donít believe his current psychiatrist is doing the right things. He does not want spousal input and he has not considered using an SSRI (like Wellbutrin) which, per my research, can be VERY effective for anger mgmt. There may even be underlying depression or anxiety (H has major sleep issues), so an SSRI would help that, too. The Vyvanse and Adderall hhelp with focus...but not with mood.
I might be totally wrong, but I get the impression that your husband doesn't want you at his psych appointment, and he's telling you that the reason why you can't go the appointments is that the psych doesn't want you there.

And Wellbutrin is not an SSRI (not even vaguely related mechanism). If his anger issues are due to ADHD, and if Vyvanse/Adderall haven't solved his anger problems, then I highly doubt Wellbutrin would do anything.