View Single Post
Old 06-25-17, 11:42 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,614 Times in 7,929 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Article: kids and teens with ADHD are more likely to have car accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I think for me highways or motorways are probably more risky. In towns there is enough going on to keep me focused on driving. Yes there's a lot to take in but it's all got to do with driving. I'm naturally more alert during city driving.

On motorways my mind tends to drift much more. There isn't so much to keep my mind anchored.
That's the total opposite for me. I can focus or hyper focus on driving on an interstate or freeway. The less vehicles the better.

I just got home tonight from Baltimore and Washington D.C. about 2 hours ago and had to drive in both cities. All the monuments, architecture, and historic landmarks to look at coupled with tons of traffic and me trying to navigate everywhere having to use gps on phone. Roads aren't marketed well, people all over the place crossing the street while I am looking up for street signs. I am dangerous in the city.

I saw the Washington monument from a distance and forgot all about driving. Having OCD, anxiety and ADHD makes me an irritable, worn out and dangerous driver in big cities. When I was younger and just had ADHD driving in the city was very enjoyable and I could manage much much better. NY city and Boston driving was fun. Now, I am a basket case. I always take a Zanax now before driving in Miami.

I can drive 12-18 hours on the interstate with no problem at all, day or night. 30 minutes driving in a big crowded city and my brain, nerves and patience are shot. It physically exhausts me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-09-17), Lunacie (06-26-17), peripatetic (09-09-17), stef (06-26-17)