ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Depression (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Depression!!! (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100865)

excel 04-16-11 03:55 PM

Depression!!!

I have a birthday party to go to tonight and I can't even get myself in a good mood for it. That's how bad my depression is, I just can't seem to get rid of the depression

Tomboy 04-16-11 04:36 PM

Re: Depression!!!

Is there anything in particular that is making it worse right now?

Rebelyell 04-16-11 05:14 PM

Go it will force your mind off things even if its a only for a few hours,I know its easier said then done but if you force yourself you'll be glad you did and maybe will feel better about yourself.

excel 04-16-11 07:56 PM

I went and had a good time. I don't know why I'm so down

Rebelyell 04-16-11 07:59 PM

Well hell the weather sucks balls big time right now and it jsut isnt conducive to any 1 functioning right now.maybe ya can blame HAARP for all the crappy weather an mood control of people:Djk glad u had a good time;)

danelady 04-16-11 08:16 PM

Glad you had a good time,too!

Bluerose 04-17-11 09:46 AM

There are things we can do to cope with depression. Sometimes we just have to take care of ourselves like we were a sick child. Think about the simple things that would make you feel better; treats like sweets or a nice cake, ice cream, bake some cookies, drawing and painting or just colouring books and pens, a soak in the tub, soft comfortable clothes, funny movies and books or comics, a walk in the parků. The list goes on. You decide. :)

excel 04-17-11 12:08 PM

Nothing seems to lift my depression.

pianoraindream 04-17-11 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel (Post 1066727)
Nothing seems to lift my depression.

Is this depression brought on by the "crash" off of meds or is this just plain old crappy depression??

I have both... neither one is fun. :( I am sorry

excel 04-17-11 04:30 PM

Just depression! I am taking Busspar and Lexapro which was just increased to 20mg

425runner 04-17-11 06:22 PM

It's the Lexapro that's making your depression worse! Trust me, I'm in the same boat...depressed, drag myself out of bed everyday, have no motivation, no interest in anything, I feel like a zombie but...because of that I take Wellbutrin XL 150 twice a day. That's what you ought to do - you need something more activating then Lex.

Just my 2 cents ;)

excel 04-17-11 07:14 PM

I am onot tired all the time like I was.

fatality 04-18-11 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel (Post 1066909)
Just depression! I am taking Busspar and Lexapro which was just increased to 20mg

I'm sorry to hear that you have yet to find the light at the end of the tunnel. I know how you feel. I can't recommend anything that you probably already know.

I'm not sure how long you've been on the anti-depressant, stay the course, and see where it goes.

Writing a daily mood journal helps, not only in helping you cope with the past - but, in helping the psychiatrist / doctor help you.

StoicNate 04-18-11 02:54 PM

Depression sucks. I get it in cycles (right now I feel OK), although I'm not diagnosed with Bipolar or Depression..I think it's a waste of money right now for me to get another diagnosis.

So I deal with it on my own when the Depression comes back. I try to exercise more on those days and feel a little bit better.
Sometimes I just do nothing and try writing down what I feel in a journal.

excel 04-18-11 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatality (Post 1067534)
I'm sorry to hear that you have yet to find the light at the end of the tunnel. I know how you feel. I can't recommend anything that you probably already know.

I'm not sure how long you've been on the anti-depressant, stay the course, and see where it goes.

Writing a daily mood journal helps, not only in helping you cope with the past - but, in helping the psychiatrist / doctor help you.

I just upped the dose to 20 mg last tuesday