ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Careers/Job Impact (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Advise on handing long and irregular hours? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192620)

Ssmit257 07-31-18 09:24 PM

Advise on handing long and irregular hours?

I'm about to start a job on a political campaign, which will mean long and irregular hours. I've gotten used to working a regular 9-5, and I'm worried I won't be able to perform well beyond that. I tend to lose focus and crash after work. I really want to do well, so that this can set me up for a long-term position after the election.

Does anyone have tips on how to keep your focus and motivation when you don't have a regular work schedule and have to work past the duration of your medication? :confused:

acdc01 08-01-18 09:17 AM

Re: Advise on handing long and irregular hours?

Talk to your dr. about medication that will extend through all your work hours.

My psychiatrist offered to give me a non-stimulant for the evenings. Think that could work for your later hours. Or maybe your body can just handle the stimulants the whole time though I don't know about that. Talk to your dr.

sarahsweets 08-01-18 09:29 AM

Do you take xr or ir meds?

userguide 08-02-18 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ssmit257 (Post 2001482)
I'm about to start a job on a political campaign, which will mean long and irregular hours. I've gotten used to working a regular 9-5, and I'm worried I won't be able to perform well beyond that. I tend to lose focus and crash after work. I really want to do well, so that this can set me up for a long-term position after the election.

Does anyone have tips on how to keep your focus and motivation when you don't have a regular work schedule and have to work past the duration of your medication? :confused:

Just think about what happnes if your opponent wins :cool:

userguide 08-02-18 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc01 (Post 2001525)
My psychiatrist offered to give me a non-stimulant for the evenings.

What ws it ?
Does it work on it's own or only with the simulant ?

Ssmit257 08-02-18 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahsweets (Post 2001531)
Do you take xr or ir meds?

I take Vyvanse (30mg) as my normal medicine and IR Ritalin as needed in the evenings.

Srjs28 08-02-18 08:57 PM

Mydasis ( if I spelled it right) it a new ADHD/ADD med came out last year and it’s supposed to last 16 hours. That could be an option

samanthasummner 02-18-19 04:01 PM

think over your priorities