ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Adult Education (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Should Abi quit Grad School? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116358)

Abi 01-20-12 04:23 PM

Re: Should Abi quit Grad School?

Quote:

Originally Posted by angora (Post 1236534)
Do you mean quit forever - or a temporary quit cause you just can't do it right now?

It took me tens years to get my undergrad degree.

Forever

RedHairedWitch 01-20-12 05:25 PM

You just started?

Rebelyell 01-20-12 06:14 PM

Sarek is right dont quit you'll regret it later down the road,Maybe rehab is for quitters but not grad school we are now talking bout.LOL

julesjampot 01-20-12 06:45 PM

Why would a highly intelligent person who has so much to offer want to quit and do nothing,
You have a fantastic mind ,use it or one day you will regret it, dont forget you have a date with me in 2013 at Birmingham England,the world is your oyster Luv JULES.

Saboit 01-20-12 06:56 PM

jules, abi is too young for you hehe;)

BR549 01-20-12 07:01 PM

I do think that you will regret it one day. Jules is right, too. You ARE highly intelligent and have so much to offer.

Think long-term. You know yourself better than anyone. Do you really want to go to grad school? Are you going to school because you think you should or because you want to? Will you regret it if you quit? Will you always kick yourself because you didn't finish?

Personally, I think you should stick with it. :) You've got to do what's best for you, though.

julesjampot 01-20-12 07:06 PM

Saboit,
this is a time and date and support does not matter how old i am,i could be 20 i could be 50 but when it comes to helping a person,do you ask there age

peripatetic 01-20-12 11:01 PM

not yet. i konw things can seem overwhelming...but i think you'll break through and get your head above water if you stick with it. that, and i think you'll internalize it in harmful ways.

Rebelyell 01-20-12 11:05 PM

If abi quits he gets a plastic shovel to the head:D

Pamplemousse 01-21-12 12:55 AM

I would vote but I'm almost in the same position. I want to remove myself from this hell hole....

but's it's not entirely my decision...unless I flunk out....

But yeah, i would say stick with but I'm not in a position to talk in case I drop and I don't want to sound like a hypocrite.

trishcan 01-21-12 01:10 AM

I guess it depends on why you're doing it... what you want to get out of it. I admire the hell out of someone who can quit something when it's the best option versus hanging in there indefinitely because they're concerned about some amorphous regret.

Rebelyell 01-21-12 01:23 AM

I did that w my automotive career every one was telling me to get out and I didnt wanna quit finally after 8 years my career was like a bad marriage and baad nightmare I couldnt get away from and was going nowheres.I finally had to throw in the towel after my mom died,it was kind of thrown in for me.I got really really sick.

Luvmybully 01-21-12 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saboit (Post 1236524)
why would he regret if he finished?

It is a personal question that no one can answer for another.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishcan (Post 1236797)
I guess it depends on why you're doing it... what you want to get out of it. I admire the hell out of someone who can quit something when it's the best option versus hanging in there indefinitely because they're concerned about some amorphous regret.

Yes, this is EXACTLY why I said he needs to ask himself. There is no one path for all, for some continuing education is not the path that will lead them to the most fulfilling life.

The regret works both ways, you have to really examine yourself and your life and your goals when you make a decision. Which do you think you'll regret the most? Be the most satisfied with?

The answer needs to be based on how the individual feels, and not what someone else would regret/be satisfied with.

pechemignonne 01-21-12 01:17 PM

You're a good writer.

Rare that I read even a grad-level paper that is legible and makes sense, is well-organized and comprehensible, even when I know nothing about the subject.

It would be a shame for you to quit when you're better than most.

Saboit 01-21-12 01:24 PM

What paper are you talking about pechepech