ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Getting Through
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

A place to collect my thoughts on things relating to life and ADHD.
Rate this Entry

How This Began

Posted 02-06-08 at 07:02 PM by nikkiana
I was diagnosed with ADHD inattentive type in the beginning of January (2008), shortly before my 24th birthday.

Frustrated with the way my life was going, and how difficult it was to manage home life and work, when I was a work at home person, tired of dealing with being unpredictable and anxious, I decided to see a psychologist in November of 2007.

I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Social Anxiety Disorder first, she had an inclination that I may be ADHD inattentive as well, and there were some forms that I had to get others who'd observed me in life to fill out as well as some for myself, but they came back as being rather borderline, so she held off on diagnosing me until she'd done some behavioral therapy with me.... based on response she could be more sure of the diagnosis. An ADHD person wouldn't respond well.

It took a month, but obviously the therapy wasn't helping much.... I was still anxious. Still frustrated. She called up my physician and I got and appointment to discuss meds, and now I'm on 10mg of Adderall XR.

And now.... Well... Now I'm trying to figure out what all this means.
Facebook Twitter Submit "How This Began" to Digg Submit "How This Began" to del.icio.us Submit "How This Began" to StumbleUpon Submit "How This Began" to Google
Posted in Adhd , Anxiety , Medication
Views 2788 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    I means you're not lazy or crazy; you're intelligent and have a lot of things running inside your head at the same time. If you have ADHD read about it. Seriously, it will explain a lot of things.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks