ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Mission Log: Major Tom, present location coordinates...unknown
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Captains log of troubleshooting steps taken, results and analysis of physical, emotional and intellectual response.

Documentation to aid in resolution of known corruption in operation system code language translation and possible multiple shorts in circuit wiring, resulting in CPU malfunction.

(Research notes may include but are not limited to to following; frustration, whining, fear, anger, grief, denial and extremely dark and dry humor...please consult your owner's manual for interraction warnings before opening)
Rate this Entry

Joe's Crab Shack should have a warning sign at the door.

Posted 02-11-10 at 09:32 PM by carped1em
I'm about to head out to with a friend of mine for dinner. She is an L.C.S.W. and practicing therapist who saw no sign that I was reaching the level that I did, or any of the events that followed until this week.

Much of the meal will be spent (I have no doubt) going over my descent into (madness?) and matching up behaviors that she was aware of, with my shiny new diagnosis in tow.

I'm coming off at least a week straight insomnia stretch & we're going to the Cheesecake Factory. They have my favorite pasta that I swear was made for me but I'm questioning the allure of penne with pinenuts, eggplant, sun dried tomato, fresh basil...with the Cheesecake Factory at dinner time, while grossly undermedicated.

I tried going to Joe's Crab Shack on a day much like this. It will haunt my memory until the end of time.
There is a bucket at each table with a roll of paper towels in it that the waitress told us about but she was talking so fast...we never found out.
About halfway through our meal, a large table full of stereotypical back east, Old salty fisherman looking guys sit down...we live in Utah...
The one woman at the table had a very "Large Marge" from PeeWee's Big Adventure, look about her...with Einsteins hair.

Shortly thereafter, there was an announcement over the loudspeaker, too distorted to understand, that seemed surprised to hear or questioned the content of. 10 minutes later the disco lights started.
It was 3 in the afternoon.

The familiar beat of the ever haunting "Macarena" instantly appeared. There hadn't even been detectible mood music and now...

I tried to concentrate on the "fun" crap on the wall to keep from freaking totally loosing my grip on reality and passing out from hysteric laughter. My AD/HD betrayed me and my head followed a flash that I saw out of the corner of my eye. What I saw was one of the most disturbing sights I've ever witnessed during lunch.

The entire wait/bus staff was gathered in a very loose large circle around the room, doing some sort of Bob Fosse inspired, modern dance version of the line dance that once held a nation captive.

As the music was dying down, no one looked as if anything had even happened.
The realization that I was released from a mental health unit a week prior nearly crushed me.
T. saw my face and immediately confirmed that I hadn't imagined the whole thing. It was that bizarre. NEVER going back there.

Tonight can't possibly be worse...
Facebook Twitter Submit "Joe's Crab Shack should have a warning sign at the door." to Digg Submit "Joe's Crab Shack should have a warning sign at the door." to del.icio.us Submit "Joe's Crab Shack should have a warning sign at the door." to StumbleUpon Submit "Joe's Crab Shack should have a warning sign at the door." to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 773 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks