ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > meadd823
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Life and insights about life and my random tandom thoughts ideas and rantings
Old

Addiction + self destruction = load of dung

Posted 04-12-08 at 04:20 AM by meadd823
Updated 04-12-08 at 04:56 AM by meadd823 (smelling spelling)
Addictions have been blamed on all sorts of things beginning with crap for morals, then spiritual brokenness, From spiritual causes we moved on to psychological factors - poor parenting, learned behaviors, repressed sexual feeling of what ever sick-o crap Freudians can think up.

Lately addictions have been linked to genetics and predispositions mixed with environmental triggers - and lastly the possibility of self medicating - which is at least getting in the ball park.
Super Meowaderator
Old

The Secret is. . . . . .

Posted 03-09-08 at 12:16 PM by meadd823
This subject recently rekindled my attention via this thread

Whoa nelly! The secret... or, dare i say it... a crock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloha1983
See, he's really into that 'The Secret' book and DVD, and takes it to the extreme. Like, I bought my ADD upon myself in a past life. I CHOSE to have it, and clinical depression. It was all caused by my subconscious thoughts, etc.

Then he had the audacity to say that his boss (who has tragically just miscarried) bought the miscarriage
Super Meowaderator