ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Non-Verbal Learning Disorder / Also Helpful for those with ASD

Posted 11-18-17 at 01:29 PM by wonderboy
The Work and Writing of Byron Rourke
http://www.nldline.com/michaelr.htm

NOTE: NVLD is not included in the DSM

"Characteristics"

"The impairments related to a nonverbal learning disability manifest themselves in seven main categories of deficits:

Visual-spatial—difficulty with visual-spatial organization, perception, and imaging;

Cognitive processing—difficulty understanding...
Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Amphetamine and Dopamine Depletion

Posted 10-28-17 at 12:08 AM by wonderboy
Much of this blog involves a critical analysis of
hypotheses regarding the biological basis of behavioral sensitization.

Research on this question has focused on mesotelencephalic DA systems, and suggestions that behavioral sensitization is accompanied by:

(1) an increase in postsynaptic DA receptors;

(2) an increase in DA synthesis; (3) an increase in DA utilization and/or release; and

(4) a decrease in DA...
Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Concerning Issues Regarding Generic Approval

Posted 08-20-17 at 06:55 PM by wonderboy
Two profoundly concerning issues with respect to generic companies receiving approval for their product

1) What is even more interesting (and, in my opinion, both unacceptable and unethical) is the "testing process" which a generic company completes in order to complete the application (an ANDA) to the FDA, for ultimate approval. Here is what I mean:

1) The generic company --alone-- performs all the tests to ensure it is commensurate with the Brand...
Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Amphetamine and pain

Posted 08-11-17 at 10:53 PM by wonderboy
Updated 08-13-17 at 12:29 AM by wonderboy
An area of personal scientific interest and inquiry for me is the correlation of possible dysregulation of pain receptors… How we perceive pain, both emotionally and physically, and its correlation, or possible correlation, to psychological disorders, such as major depressive disorder, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, and ADHD.

It seems to me that most scientific inquiry still studies the antiquated
"Tried and True" serotonin system, along with norepinephrine,...
Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

haven't been here for some time.

Posted 02-23-17 at 05:49 PM by zannie
Haven't been here for a while. Missing it lately. I have been having difficultly taking vyvanse cause I tend to forget to take it in the morning and i end up not taking it at all as it is too late in the day. I can't sleep if i take it past 2 or 3 in the afternoon

My daughter is doing well and should finish school this year. I will be great for both of us. Don't know how much longer she will be at home. I am grateful for her prescene now.
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized