ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > ginniebean
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Life is either a tragedy, a comedy or it just is.

Posted 05-21-09 at 06:44 AM by ginniebean
My friend died this morning. An undiagnosed ADDer, the cause, liver failure, kidney failure and a few other organs failure. Speaking to him of his massive drinking was of no avail. The internal pain he suffered, that went often unnoticed beneath a jovial and truly likable exterior drove him to self destruction.

He was 34 years old, and the little baby he and his wife had last year, his daughter and his eldest son are most likely lost in a grief I experience only in part.

He'd talk with me, and I'd hear him obsessing about life and death, he knew he was flirting with disaster but was helpless in fighting the addiction. Privately, he would share his fear and denial. His heart was huge in a way you rarely meet, he cared in that passionate way about everything and nothing. I will miss him very much.

I used to watch the expressions of contempt, the words people used to 'smarten him up' add to the insecurity, the fear and the lifetime of private shame. I'd wonder why others couldn't see that the words they used were of a similar nature to the one embedded in his mind around which the bark of his nature grew? Words, people think so little of them, underestimate their ability to wound and torment. A callous forms round us maybe? One the shuts out compassion for pain?

Jeff Daniels, it was an honour to know you, and to be your friend. I miss you.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Life is either a tragedy, a comedy or it just is." to Digg Submit "Life is either a tragedy, a comedy or it just is." to del.icio.us Submit "Life is either a tragedy, a comedy or it just is." to StumbleUpon Submit "Life is either a tragedy, a comedy or it just is." to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1833 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    I'm sorry Ginnie! *HUGS*
  2. Old
    Thanks witchy.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks