ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > houts
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

The Beginning...

Posted 07-12-08 at 04:23 PM by houts
[Posted from my Blog: http://houtsvideo.blogspot.com/]

So, I have ADHD. Pretty simple huh?
A.D.H.D.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Yep, pretty simple. Now I know what the problem has been for my past 30+ years.
A-to-the-D-to-the-H-to-the-D

I've nicknamed 'it' the "ABC" of disorders.

A
Blessed
Curse

At times I honestly feel this way. I'll get into this more at a later time...
I really don't know where to begin, but I think it best you understand my intentions upfront. My subtitle infers for a deeper understanding not only for those who may have this 'ABC', but also for those visiting who may be curious to know more.
Yet, it is important to note, as a bit of foreshadowing, the thick air of sarcasm that will arise. While I want to take this new concept of blogging (God help me) as a serious form of communication, another avenue to reach out, it will not be politically correct in approach.
I take all things with a grain of salt.

Secondly, I've struggled with the idea of how to approach public information. Meaning, I tend to shy away from posting personal information on the internet unless it serves a purpose. In this circumstance, I think it best suited not to do so. I enjoy the anonymity in writing on such a public stage for a few reasons.
One: it may harm the people whom I live, associate, and work with.
Two: it may allow others to speak to me without judgment or consequence.
Three: it may harm myself in my own job or those who are my peers

I've provided links on the side with some of my favorite ADD/ADHD books. And take a look at a few of my external links as well. I am working on getting PDF's uploaded through Blogger.com for easy reading and for saving to your computer or printing. I am unsure how far I am taking this site, but for now, I want this to be a second home to those who come.

Enoy!
Facebook Twitter Submit "The Beginning..." to Digg Submit "The Beginning..." to del.icio.us Submit "The Beginning..." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Beginning..." to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 970 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks