ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Adapting to ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adapting to ADHD --- It isn't good or bad, it just is what it is
Rate this Entry

That's my boy!

Posted 04-15-12 at 12:18 PM by KCTang
My son will be 15 months old in a couple days.

He's an adorable little guy, very well-behaved, and it makes my wife and I wonder whether
our next kid (if/when we have one) is going to be a little hellion to compensate .

Something happens to you though, when you read and think lots about ADHD, and you have
a kid, is you start to wonder just what is a sign of ADHD and what isn't.

Now when I'm spending time with him, I already try to shut off thinking about research. But
he'll do something classic ADHD, like get distracted, and I can't help but think, "At what age
does that shift from just a typical child's behavior to a sign of a full blown disorder?"

Maybe I'm thinking too much about these things --- and I know I am --- but as a parent, I
am worried that I've passed on something rather difficult to deal with, to my son.

I guess all I can hope for is to be the best father I need to be, to support his struggles as
he's growing up, whether they're caused by ADHD or not.
Facebook Twitter Submit "That's my boy!" to Digg Submit "That's my boy!" to del.icio.us Submit "That's my boy!" to StumbleUpon Submit "That's my boy!" to Google
Posted in Life
Views 1489 Comments 3 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old
    wow hes adorable luv jules
  2. Old
    He's so beautiful, enjoy him! quit yer darn worrying
  3. Old
    Thanks guys.

I do enjoy him, every day. And even so, he's growing up quite fast! It really is true what they say.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks