ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > shesocrazy86
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

~New to Blog and ADD~

Posted 03-02-08 at 06:05 PM by shesocrazy86
I am new to the forum, so first of all thanks for having me.
So I guess a little history is in order. I am 21 years old from Indiana. I work a relatively stressful job, but being a Type A personality, the stress and rewards of the job make it a very good place for me to be.
I was diagnosed with Adult ADD after my doctor was screening me for treatment options to address depression and anxiety. I was eventually prescribed Prozac, and a little hesitant to go on any form of medication but knew I needed to do something to help work out my emotions after my divorce.
After 6 months of Prozac, I decided I was feeling better and ready to try life with out it, as well as stop smoking (as it was really only a habit I picked up from my ex-husband and was quite ready to be rid of all the emotions and ties I was holding onto)
I have been with out prozac and nicotine for 8 months and still was not feeling as thought my mind was where it should be.
I have always been a bit OCD and constantly going going going and my mind was always jumping from idea to thought to my to-do list... and I am sure most of you know how that mind race goes.
So anyway, I decided to go back to the Dr and ask about ADD, as I felt I was finally ready to explore treating that since the depression was seemingly gone and hopefully for good.
Well turns out ADD was still there (big surprise) so I am now taking Vyvanse. Today is day 4 with 30MG 1 time a day.
The first day I noticed an AMAZING difference. I have a follow-up appt in a few weeks and I think my only concern is that the effects seem to be wearing off about the time I get home every night, so I still find myself laying in bed thinking of all sorts of things, analyzing, counting... etc etc etc.
I will say I am happy with the way the medication has effected my appetite and eating habits. I have a hard time deciding what to eat, and usually feel very full. As I am overweight, I am not unhappy with this side effect. 8lbs down, plenty to go. It is actually nice to look at a greasy meal and feel nauseated but look at something healthy like a salad and think "wow, that could be good"... it is as thought my senses are heightened and when I smell something greasy, super sweet, or otherwise bad for you, it actually smells too overwhelming to even eat. Well that is enough babbling. Nice to meet you all, hope to make friends soon!
Facebook Twitter Submit "~New to Blog and ADD~" to Digg Submit "~New to Blog and ADD~" to del.icio.us Submit "~New to Blog and ADD~" to StumbleUpon Submit "~New to Blog and ADD~" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 927 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks