ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

How I'll try to counter household-doom today.

Posted 10-18-11 at 04:22 AM by Etcetera
Updated 10-18-11 at 04:55 AM by Etcetera
Ah, every ADHD-female's arch-nemesis: Household chores.

Tidying up, laundry, folding and ironing said laundry, dishes (thank the Maker for dishwashers!), cleaning,... KEEPING IT CLEAN.

But today, I'll tackle it using the following ADHD-tactic: Divide and conquer. Not like I'll divide among the different members of my family (which would only be me and my boyfriend) -- I've tried that tactic and he's more sloth than me. Me being unable to be a "non-sloth" (not...
ADDvanced Forum Guru
Posted in Hints and tricks
Old

Dad

Posted 10-17-11 at 01:08 AM by ginniebean
Dad

He never looks for praises
He's never one to boast
He just goes on quietly working
For those he loves the most
His dreams are seldom spoken
His wants are very few
And most of the time his worries
Will go unspoken too
He's there.... A firm foundation
Through all our storms of life
A sturdy hand to hold to
In times of stress and strife
A true friend we can turn to
When times...
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

No Gnus is Good Gnus

Posted 10-15-11 at 12:52 AM by Cacho
Well, I haven't felt like writing here in a while, and this is good, since I usually only feel like writing here when I'm in a foul mood. I thought I'd try writing something while things were going well.

I finally got a job a few months ago, I got married, and my wife is pregnant. To be honest, it's all a little over whelming, but it's good.

I've been trying quite hard at work, and it's one of the first times someone - my wife - has remarked how hard I work. This is quite...
Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Adult ADHD - 1 in 4 are FAKING IT!

Posted 09-18-11 at 01:55 AM by CrushCrush

Adult ADHD numbers may be misleading, after a study found that almost one in four adults seeking treatment may be exaggerating — or even faking — their symptoms, reports msnbc.com.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/healt...ake-it-2482150
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Unsolicited Diagnosis Leading to OVER diagnosis?

Posted 09-17-11 at 04:41 PM by CrushCrush
It's not a secret that people buy tabloids or what tabloid TV because they thrive on the misfortunes of others. The same thing can be said about people on forums. Not just this one.

When a forum member, expresses grief of a struggle, like flies to poo, you will have a gathering of forum members.. a 'group' or 'sorority' to bask in the enjoyment of someone else's suffering of failures. It makes them feel so much better about themselves. It empowers them.

Here are some...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized