ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > smerila_6
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Going to school online ....how to study and stop procrastinating

Posted 01-13-09 at 11:52 AM by smerila_6
I am a 40 year old mom going to school online at my own pace. I work full time also. I have four kids and husband.

Does anyone have any advice on how to study, remember terminology, and just be disciplined.

I seem to procrastinate all the time.

I try to stay focused but never get done. I am quite behind.

Any advice would be great. I am will to try anything.

Thanks,

Smerila_6
Facebook Twitter Submit "Going to school online ....how to study and stop procrastinating" to Digg Submit "Going to school online ....how to study and stop procrastinating" to del.icio.us Submit "Going to school online ....how to study and stop procrastinating" to StumbleUpon Submit "Going to school online ....how to study and stop procrastinating" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5780 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    Hi, I am in school online as well. I'm also 40! No kids, just my husband and I.

I like taking classes online because I can go at my own pace and there is no way I would be able to pay attention to an instructor in a classroom, especially if he or she is boring. I do struggle with procrastination, especially on a paper I had to write last quarter. I really, really wanted to stay on top of it and not be crunching at the last minute. Despite all my efforts, I worked 8 hours a day for 2 days straight to get it done by the due date! Plus my in-laws were in town! Talk about stress!!

Anyway, I finally found a method of studying that seems to be working for me. I cannot for the life of me read the damned textbook. But, if I know the question that has to be answered, I have no problem looking up the information and digesting it. So this quarter, I'm taking the review questions from the chapter and writing them down. Then I go through the chapter and "answer" the questions, taking notes. I also find that it helps if I listen to my favorite music, softly, with earphones that cancel out the outside noise.

Hope that helps.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks