ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > The Unbearable Heaviness of Being
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ramblings from a very disturbed mind
Rate this Entry

Breakdown

Posted 03-09-08 at 06:18 PM by Ethereal
For someone who have a bad mental health, Ephedra is really not a good idea (it's not a good idea for anyone). I've had a few small breakdowns over the last couple of days, where I've suddenly becomed very depressed, started crying uncontrollably, and kept crying for hours. I ended up in the emergency room yesterday, I was hysterical, and the psyhiatrist I talked to gave me some valium to calm me down. I big relief.

The problem is, he only gave me a small prescription, and I have an unusally high tolerance for all medications, it takes a lot of valium to calm me down, so the prescription won't last me very long. And I can't get more from my regular doc, he's said that he can't prescribe me more, he's afraid I'm getting addicted, which I guess isn't far from the truth. A solution to the problem is to stop taking the Ephedra. I could take it just one more day, I have one more day left to finish my analysis on "Mrs. Dalloway" for my literature class. But I've got another assignment after that, and if I don't get it done, I'll fail the class. I can't do that, not after all the hard work I've put into this course over the last month, not to mention all the money I've spent on Ephedra.

I will get a 9 day break when I go to Spain on holiday one week from now, that will be so good for me. Maybe that break will be enough to restore my mental health a bit, so I can take Ephedra for 5 more days after that, to get my assignment finished. I might get more valium after my holiday too, as I've had a break from it. Then, on the 31, I can go back on Ritalin, and stop taking Ephedra, hopefully for good. That sounds like a plan.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Breakdown" to Digg Submit "Breakdown" to del.icio.us Submit "Breakdown" to StumbleUpon Submit "Breakdown" to Google
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old
    I'm sorry to read of your story. I too have had periods where I had to use some sub-optimal substance to maintain my sanity... it's a nasty business, but sometime's needed.

Good luck with everything. Take it easy.
  2. Old
    Thank you, it means a lot that someone cares.
  3. Old
    What is Ephedra?

Good luck with your assignment, and i hope the break gives you some much needed rest and recuperation.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks