ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > It is what it is, or is it?
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

When all of the thoughts in my head, finally come together and make sense...
Rate this Entry

*********news flash*********

Posted 01-04-10 at 04:56 PM by ToadysFroggy
Just got off of the phone with my Pulmonologist--he was calling me about my recent Sleep Study results!

He said my Apnea went from Moderate to Mild and it is up to me whether or not I wanted to use the C-PAP for it. He stated that it was not necessary to use it if I don't feel as symptomatic as I did when we tested lasted year. I already experience a lot of daytime sleepiness but that is due to Chronic Mono (CEBV)and Fibro!

I am opting for not using it! He also said that in recent times, data has proven that when people lose weight, they sometimes actually go down a category------> like me going from Moderate to Mild.

A little background on me and Sleep Apnea. My husband always said I snored and it was constantly waking him up at night. When I told my Rheumatogist this, she sent me to a Pulmonologist to see about having a Sleep Study done. So between my snoring and other things like me getting up in the middle of the night because I could not sleep, he got me my own Sleep Number bed and I now maintain my own bedroom in the room I was already using as an office!

Last year when I had my first Sleep Study, I was 23 lbs heavier and was told I had moderate Sleep Apnea and I needed to use a CPAP. It was hard to use that thing since I already had other issues that made it difficult to sleep.

Since May, I have dropped down from 165 to 142 and hope to lose another 15 pounds by this May!
Facebook Twitter Submit "*********news flash*********" to Digg Submit "*********news flash*********" to del.icio.us Submit "*********news flash*********" to StumbleUpon Submit "*********news flash*********" to Google
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks